Training of employees takes place after orientation; it represents the process of enhancing the skills, capabilities and knowledge of employees for doing a particular job. Training process moulds the thinking of employees and leads to quality performance of employees. It is continuous and never ending in nature. This may seem obvious, yet only few businesses place significant emphasis on employee training.
Importance of Training
Training is crucial for organizational development and success. It is fruitful to both employers and employees of an organization. An employee will become more efficient and productive if he/she is trained well; the employer therefore succeeds at every stage of their business.
Training is given on four basic grounds:
1. New candidates who join an organization are given training. This training familiarizes them with the organizational mission, vision, rules and regulations and the working conditions.
2. Existing employees are trained to refresh and enhance their knowledge.
3. Product or general change: training is given to keep employees knowledgeable and up to date with the business.
4. At the time of promotion and/or career growth; Training is given so that employees are prepared to execute the responsibilities of the higher level job.
The benefits of training can be summed up as:
1. Improves morale of employees- Training assists the employee’s job security and job satisfaction. The more satisfied the employee, the greater is his/her morale, the more he/she will contribute to organizational success and the lesser will be employee absenteeism and turnover.
2. Less supervision-Well trained employeesare well acquainted with their job and thus need less supervision. Therefore, there will be less wastage of time and efforts.
3. Fewer accidents- Errors are likely to occur if the employees lack knowledge and skills required for doing a particular job. The more trained an employee is, the less
are the chances of accidentsat work and the more proficient the employee becomes.
4. Chances of promotion- Employees acquire skills and efficiency during training. They become more eligible for promotion. They become a greater organizational asset.
5. Increased productivity- Training improves efficiency and productivity of employees. Well trained employees show both quantity and quality performance. There is less wastage of time, money and resources when employees are trained well.
The Next Idea Training
As International Restaurant and Hospitality Consultants, The Next Idea Group has taken training to a superior level. We understand that the one fit all approach is not an option, and therefore we tailor all of our programs to our client audience. Our unique experience provides rare capability and expertise for any client, given our ability to combine the best elements of some of the most advanced food and restaurant training protocols and systems presently found around the globe. We retain the knowledge, experience, and ability to take account of regional considerations such as local demographics, culture and weather, therefore, our skill set is invaluable when developing uniquely differentiated training plans and systems adopted for a specific market(s).
Most of all we believe training is a Human activity, and while we use our advanced technology, we never lose sight of the fact that training must be delivered by humans to humans!